Friday, February 14, 2014
Facebook Launches Ferry Service for Employees
Facebook has become the latest San Francisco Bay Area technology company to launch ferry service for its employees.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports (http://bit.ly/1iSDd1M) the social networking giant began chartering a 30-person water taxi Feb. 4 to take employees from San Francisco to Redwood City. The taxi is free and runs round-trip service on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Workers are then taken by bus to the company's campus a little farther south in Menlo Park.
The company told the Chronicle it is testing the ferry service for 90 days.
Google also tested ferry service for employees but abandoned the experiment last week after a month.
The ferry services come as technology companies have faced criticism for running private buses to pick up employees in San Francisco.
Subscribe in a Reader
- Liverpool researchers create 'contagious' WiFi vir...
- BlackBerry Tries to Bring Back That Lovin' Feelin'...
- Facebook Launches Ferry Service for Employees
- Here’s a List of 58 Gender Options for Facebook Us...
- Facebook Users, Others React to Gender Options
- In new profile feature, Facebook offers choices fo...
- Hackers used previously unknown Internet Explorer ...
- Microsoft Windows 8 lags predecessor in first-year...
- Is Microsoft rethinking its decision to build Offi...
- Wozniak to Apple: Consider building an Android pho...
- The sorry state of Windows 8.1 Update 1
- Intel yearns to be the 'operating system' for big ...
- ▼ February (12)